Wednesday 15 January 2014

Final draft of double page spread


Here is my final draft of my double page spread not much has change from my second draft as I quite liked it. I used the things that I liked and dislike and therefore changed these to make it the best it could be. 
I used exactly the same website to create this which is pixlr as it is the best to create this with and also it will be easier for me to carry on with the website that I know than rather use a different on which I will have to work on how to use it. 
I again used the white background from google images first and then added my image, although this time I decided to make the image a bit bigger so you can focus on her expressions more. This was easy to do as I just made the cropped version bigger so it would take up a bit more room on the page. However by doing this is made me loose some of the writing as I had to crop some out because there was less room on the page, this was only a couple of sentences however and it wasn't very important so it was fine that I cropped some out. 
I didn't look at any double page spreads for inspiration as I wanted to just make my own and not follow any of the specific styles that the magazines have. Yes I did use a pull quote and a mast head and an image on the double page spread which does follow the conventions of others, however I have not picked out a specific double page spread and followed what they have done and used some of their ideas. 
One of the things that I did change was the writing size in the final column as it overlapped the image which I did not want to happen. What I did to resolve this was to make the writing go in a smaller shaped column with less writing on each line, this made it look longer however it was the same amount of writing as before. This was one of the reasons that I did take some of the writing out as I thought it wouldn't fit. When I talk to my target audience I can see weather they would prefer me to add the text that I took out of my second draft.
I have read through my article and there are a lot of changes that I will have to make as there are some spelling mistakes and also missing letters, I will therefore go through it very slowly and check the words before rewriting.
Although this is another draft because I haven't changed much there is not a lot of things that I can write about. If you would like to see how I created it and the size etc you can look at my last post. This has in more detail about everything as it is the same as this one but just tweaking a couple of bits.  

No comments:

Post a Comment