Friday 17 January 2014

EVALUATION 2- How does your media product represent particular social groups?


Social groups from rhiannashley


Deconstruction of magazine

On this front cover the girls are shown in a provocative manner. This could be shown as a convention as many magazines show very sexual images on their front cover, I have not done this as my social group are young students who I do not believe should be seeing this image. I didn't want any of my pages to have any bad or negative connotations and therefore I wanted to stray away from taking any inappropriate images. I also think that these girls are very thin and I do not want my social groups to look at the image and look up to my model so much that they would be ill to want to look like them. This is why I have taken an image of a healthy average girl in normal clothes and therefore my social groups if they want to be like her will not have to put themselves through pain. Also the gold on the front cover could connote money and wealth I think this colour is not good to use as not everybody has good a good amount of money and think could make them feel as though they are not good enough to read the magazine. Some of my social groups will have jobs but this will only be a certain amount of my target audience. I will also only have the image of my model rather than have anyone else on it to attract other people, in my case if I had naked men on the front then girls will probably want to buy it but my social group will want to read it because of the music rather than the images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment