Wednesday 4 December 2013

Advantages and disadvantages of questionnaires

Advantages:
It is cheap to make and easy to gather information.
You can collect data from large amounts of people quickly.
As people answer the same questions it is easy to convert it into a graph.
Also they can be private as they do not need to put their name on the top so people might be more comfortable to fill out a questionnaire.

Disadvantages:
It can be easy to misunderstand the questions by ticking two boxes which could make the answers unreliable.
Some people could be persuaded to put something as they might not be sure what to put
It can be just a yes or no answer so does not give any information about changing the front cover etc.

Overall I think that I will be more likely to use a questionnaire rather than a interview as it is much easier to do. I shall be creating one for my front cover, contents page and double page spread to show what my target audience like and dislike and how they think I should change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment