Thursday 17 October 2013

The four F's

When making magazines I have to consider 'The Four F's'

Format- Design choices, the visual style of the magazine, the logo, cover lines, the size of the magazine.
Formula- Magazines approach to editorial content, the feature type and length, the departments in the front and back of the book, the photographic style, and illustrations.
Frame- Margins and gutters
Function- What is the job? Sum it up in a sentence/slogan.


Also when making my magazine I will have to make sure that it is consistent this is key in magazines. The magazine should be very similar from month to month. It has to have unity it needs to again be consistent within an edition. eg font, colours, mode of address (how does it speak to the reader).

When making my magazine I will also have to look at the post-modern era. When using this you will question if it has all been done before? For example fashion items that were around in the 70's have now come back, so it has been done before. Therefore I will look at my magazine and compare it to other styles of my magazine and see if it has already been done.

No comments:

Post a Comment